Village Renewal Organisation takes up Integrated Community Development Programs which includes construction of permanent houses with provision of water and sanitation facilities which are key factors in promotion of health & hygienic environment in their lifestyle. VRO has constructed 22 houses for Dalit families in Ramapuram village of Gudimetta (GP) in Racherla mandal of Prakasam district in 2013-14 where we have collaborated with AP State Housing Corp Ltd-Ongole by leveraging the Govt grant (Rs.65000 for each beneficiary) for the beneficiaries towards housing program. We have supported Rs.60000/- as additional matching grant and completed the houses in full shape manner with all facilities.
Again for the current year 2014-15, we have undertaken similar Integrated Community Development Program by constructing houses for 37 SC families in Alagayapalem village of Karedu (GP) in Ulavapadu mandal of Prakasam district. In both the villages, we have supported horticulture saplings and vegetable seed kits for raising in their backyard gardens. Besides we have provided water and sanitation facilities for all households in these two villages.
We conducted awareness programs on Health & Nutrition components besides organizing periodical medical camps in tribal villages with collaboration of Govt Health department focusing on institutional deliveries and maternal care. Also keep providing referral services to the needy patients and pregnant women by providing necessary means to access the health services in nearby towns. We also intensely work on promotion of household level kitchen gardens which helps the poor people to access the nutritional food and helps them to overcome the malnourishment.
Village Renewal Organisation has been identified as one of the Resource Organisations by Dept of Rural Water Supply- GoAP under Swatch Bharat Mission (Grameen) for 2 Districts i.e. Kurnool and Prakasam of Andhra Pradesh. The following activities are being carried out under Swatch Bharath Mission – SBM in Kurnool and Prakasam Dists.
- Awareness building on Sanitation at Community level.
- Capacity building of the rural families using Behavioral Change Communication (BCC) materials.
- Formation of the WASH Committees in the target villages.
- Facilitation in involvement of WASH committees in Grama Sabha for creating wider awareness among the village community,
- Capacity building of the WASH Committees on Awareness, Usage and maintenance of toilets.
- Encouraging and providing technical support for Gram Panchayath in Solid Waste Management .i.e Vermi Compost Units established and linked up with local farmers for marketing of the Vermicompost.
- Constructed 650 household level toilets (ISLs) in 9 target villages spread in both Kurnool and Prakasam Districts of Andhra Pradesh.
- Completed Housing Project by construction of 35 and 26 houses for the poor families in 2 different villages i.e. Alagayapalem of Ulavapadu mandal and Ramapuram of Racherla Mandal in Prakasam district during 2014-16.